SUMMARY OF POSITION
Builds and creates programs and conducts tests. Tools used include, but are not limited to, in-circuit test, functional card test, mock-up testing, and flying probe.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programs, debugs, and operates flying probe and supporting software as well as other tools acquired for this department.
- Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted; determines sequences and phases of test operations.
- Directs and exercises control over operational, functional and performance phases of tests.
- Interacts with personnel and occasionally the customer to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Collects and shares test yields and data when required.
- Develops or uses computer software and hardware to conduct tests on circuit boards.
- Ensures that all products that require tests are properly tested and in accordance with the test specifications.
- Directs test technician (if applicable) in the testing of customer product.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions ensuring that the appropriate people are involved in the decision-making process.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Follows policies and procedures according to company policy.
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and goals.
- Completes tasks correctly within a fast paced environment while paying close attention to detail.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- May include interviewing, training employees, and resolving problems.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training with a solid grasp of the functions and important parameters for resistors, MOVs, general purpose diodes, Zeners, bipolar and field effect transistors, capacitors, inductors, all families of IC fabrication, OpAmps, analog and digital circuits.
- Adept at testing volts, amps, frequency, resistance, capacitance, and inductance manually with appropriate instruments.
- Conversant with operation of a DSO.
- Knowledge of programming, hardware implementation, debugging and troubleshooting, electronic components and test equipment.
- Basic computer skills, plus experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and internet software necessary.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Ability to work overtime may be required on an occasional basis.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess the electronics proficiency to configure a high-end LCR meter integrated into a 9-axis fixtureless Flying Probe, used to test any PCB. Training for operation and programming of the system will be provided.
- Some exposure to large-scale IC technology with regard to test concepts, and internal IC IO circuitry variations so optimum testing can result.
- A basic grasp of RF fundamentals, especially as related to the design of passives, and layout on a PCB.
|Job Category||Engineer, Test Engineer|
|REPORTS TO:||Vice President|